CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Truth in Advertising

Dear Bank of America,

Your current online ads are terrifying and I respectfully request that you cease broadcasting them immediately. I'm sure you know I'm referring to the "You're Expecting... Twins" campaign for the Automated Savings Program. Scare tactics are rarely effective and often offensive and this campaign is no exception. Please stop torturing me, and countless other women, with your intrusive advertising.

Sincerely,
Angry about Ads

I'm sure it's my own fault for searching baby clothes online or worse, baby names. I love looking up name meanings and don't want to give up the hobby just because these stinkin' ads haunt me. Stupid psychographics!

This morning, I logged onto BOA online, when the infamous ad started rolling. It said, "You're Expecting."

And I thought, "I am?"

BOA: "... Twins"

Me: "What?! And how does Bank of America know that?"

Then I realized, Bank of America couldn't possibly know that and began feverishly counting up days. Whew. Safe.

BOA: "Save for the unexpected with our Automated Savings Program. Blah. Blah. Blah."

Why would Bank of America, my trusty online banking center that's always open and never lets me down, torment me like this?! Why would they resort to such sneaky scare tactics that form lumps in my throat, instead of inspire me to open an automated savings account?

Although, I do want to add to our family, it's a big decision and I'm not sure I'm ready. So, until I'm ready, please be nice BOA and knock off the scary, seemingly prophetic advertising.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for returning to the world of blogging. I missed you. Oh, and P.S. you're hilarious.

    ReplyDelete