CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, September 28, 2009

When Sharkey Met Gary

We continue to add to our family and there is some confusion regarding our latest additions. We adopted a kitten...



...and couldn't settle on a name. We tried Leon, Miles, Linc and lots of others, but nothing fit. While we were trying to name him, we discovered he's the worst kitten ever. He spent most of his waking hours biting me, Brandy, Ben and Chuck in that order.

So, we finally named him Sharkey and he's truly like his final namesake. He's a skilled predator - a vicious killer - and we're all scared of him.



Discouraged by the biting, I asked my mom what to do and she said, "Your kitten needs a kitten." So, I brought home a beautiful yellow tabby my brother caught outside his house. Chuck is absolutely against a two-cat household so I told him we were just fostering the yellow kitty until my brother was ready to take him.



Well, things started going badly right from the beginning. Sharkey started spraying near the litter boxes. Yellow kitty had coccidia making his poop really smelly. Chuck pretty much wanted to divorce me and probably would have had he known things like our savings account number and our lawyer's name.

I ended up coming clean with Chuck who said, "I'm glad you decided to tell me the truth, but I'm disappointed that you lied." What?! That's totally out of character. Chuck likes the yellow kitty and Sharkey really did need a kitten - the biting has subsided substantially! He still bites me, but at least he's not biting Ben.

We decided to name the yellow kitty Gary after Spongebob's pet snail. So now we have Sharkey and Gary and they're mostly best friends, although they spend most of their waking hours attacking each other or planning their next attacks.



Please look forward to The Adventures of Sharkey and Gary as they come along.

No comments:

Post a Comment