CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, September 21, 2009

Ben is a Puppy

We've always joked about Ben being more like a puppy than a baby. Coming from a family immersed in veterinary medicine it seemed like an advantage. But now Ben's proven he's more canine than human.

Yesterday, I was combing his hair and I found a flea! I was horrified and screamed for Chuck to hold the wiggling baby (Chuck didn't find this to be near the emergency I did)I caught and killed that little parasite and a half hour later all the pets had a healthy dose of Frontline! Dad said, "Please don't use this on your baby. It's for dogs and cats only."

Later, we were freeding Brandy her dinner and Ben crawled right over to her bowl, took out his pacifier, picked up a piece of dog between his tiny little thumb and methodically brought it to his open mouth. He looked like a Carp at the lake.

I barely intercepted the food. He only has two bottom teeth and I didn't want him choking on dog food. To her credit, Brandy didn't make a sound. She didn't growl, bristle or even stop eating.

And this morning. Ben needed his diaper changed so I called him and called him. Just like most little boys (and big boys) he ignored me. So I got out a can of Gerber Puffs and shook the can calling, "Come here Baby. Come get a cookie." He and Brandy both came over at top speed and sat expectantly in front of me.

Looking at my dog and my baby, I realized the similarities. Pretty soon were going to teach Ben to roll over and play dead.

No comments:

Post a Comment