CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, April 5, 2012

11 Months... Already

Today Susanna is 11 months old and I truly don't know where the time went. So, here's an update on her little life.

Little Miss is beginning to add words to her vocabulary and loves to test them out on her world. So far she says:
  1. Dada (This was her first word. I guess technically she said, "Hi Dada." I think she thought the phrase was Chuck's name.)
  2. Hi. (She says "Hi" or "Hey" depending on what someone has said to her.)
  3. Mama (This was her third word and she only uses it when she's angry. As in, "Mama! Get me out of this car seat!")
  4. Ga (She clearly means Gary as she crawls after him pointing and hollering. However, this is a broad term she uses for Brandy and pretty much all dogs and cats.)
  5. At (I'm almost positive this is, "Cat.")
  6. Amen (She actually said, "A-ma" but said it at the end of a prayer and it seemed so intentional, Ben was in stitches.)
  7. Yeah (I really think she says, "Yes" sometimes.)
And that is a good thing because she also likes to shake her head "No". At first I thought she was just mimicking me, but then she threw a green bean off her highchair, looked me in the eye and shook her head no without any prompting. Someday, I think this baby is going to give me a run for my money.

Currently, she's keeping me on my toes because she's on a suicide mission with the nasty/dangerous things she puts in her mouth. Here's the short list:
  1. Dirt
  2. Grass seed
  3. Dandelions (like a dozen)
  4. A live worm
  5. A dead worm (She was extra angry when I took this one away.)
  6. Landscaping stones of all sizes
  7. Jagged concrete chunks
  8. Leaves
  9. Sidewalk chalk
  10. Dog food
  11. Tissue paper (Trying on shoes at Dick's Sporting Goods)
  12. A band aid (Also from the floor at Dick's - Ew!)
  13. Approximately $2.53 in change (This is cumulative)
  14. Aluminum foil
  15. Pretty much anything else that will fit.
I remember my mom telling me that she had to call Poison Control four times before Joseph was three years old. She said she was sure they were going to take him away from her. I haven't called Poison Control yet, but I did go ahead and save the number in my phone.

I love you, Miss Ba-Nan!

Dandelion Face

No comments:

Post a Comment