CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Just Smile


Lately I've been writing about my poor parenting skills. And while usually my skills are somewhat lacking, I've got a good piece of parenting advice today. It isn't mine. Michelle Duggar, matriarch of 19 Kids and Counting, gives this advice often. Are you ready, because it's revolutionary?


Smile at your children.


I'm guessing people who don't have children are saying, "duh." But seriously, sometimes you have to remind yourself to smile and it really makes a difference.


Ben is 15 months old and the littlest things break his heart. If I tell him bathtime is over he bursts into tears. If Grammy gathers her coat to leave, he gets fussy. Sometimes I look at him and wonder how he survives so many mini crisis every single day.


Luckily, a smile and hug go a long way to mend these wounds. So remember, smile at your children.


No comments:

Post a Comment