CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Sar-ah-Thon 2010

Today is SG's actual b-day, but true to tradition, she's been celebrating since Saturday. She's received some amazing gifts including a hot air balloon ride and custom earrings. You can read about all of the festivities here.

I joined her at el Patron and Ernie Biggs Saturday night and have only a few specific comments about the evening. (This party has been covered extensively already.)

Ernie Biggs: The piano bar was fun and they played eight of my 10 song requests including the birthday girl's top two picks: Summer of 69 and Lady Humps (sometimes referred to as My Humps), but the pianists were better musicians than singers. Ok I'll say it, they were shouting and off key, which was both distracting and freeing. I didn't feel quite as offensive with my own out-of-tune voice seeing as everyone was off. 

The Cake: This is the second year SG requested a birthday cake from the woman who made her wedding cake. It's strawberry with a super-secret almond icing and heavenly. Until next year, Cake.

Truth Serum: SG took a little heat for this and AA covered all of the details on her blog. It suffices to say that SG, out of love and probably margaritas, gave everyone a healthy dose of honesty. She handed out advice on everything from health to relationships and you know, she was pretty much right on the money.

I like "Honest SG", as I now call her. And I hope I don't have to wait another year to get these little truth treasures. So SG, if you're reading, keep up the good work, you've got a knack.



  

No comments:

Post a Comment